Sunday, November 7, 2010

Luxembourg

So, we've moved on to Reykjavik, but I wanted to post some of my photos from Luxembourg. I was there for 2 weeks, but only managed to get away from work for 2 days. But I made the most of them. The first Sunday, Oct. 24, I walked around the city of Luxembourg. But since it was a Sunday, most things were closed. The Hague was not a busy town on the weekends, but it looked positively cosmopolitan compared to Luxembourg!

Here's an overview of the city of Luxembourg, from the old city walls. The walls remind me of the Phoenician walls in Nicosia, Cyprus, although the rest of the city is much prettier. You can see what beautiful weather we had!


These are the old walls, with a park down below.




















 
There are lots of wonderful statues in Luxembourg! This one was a lot of fun!




















 
This is another view looking across from the city walls. Notice the little church built into the walls!


















Here's a close-up of the church in the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment