Sunday, October 2, 2011

Taipei

I'm now in Taipei, Taiwan, for a couple of weeks. So far, I haven't done much more than work, eat some wonderful food, and try to get over jet lag! But I did go to the National Palace Museum yesterday, which is famous for it's collection of artifacts from mainland China. It's collection of carved jade and ivory is absolutely wonderful! I went with a number of friends, and we had tea in the very peaceful teahouse on the museum's top floor.

The view from my hotel room

I'm not sure what this walkway is supposed to be, but it does look interesting!
This is an interesting woodensculpture in the lobby of my hotel


A tradtional Taiwan building next to the National Palace Museum


Taipei 101 -- it used to be the tallest building in the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment