Monday, October 11, 2010

Delft -- The New Church

This was another beautiful weekend -- sunny and not too cold, although the wind was a little brisk. I went back to Delft with some co-workers, mainly to see two of the churches I couldn't go into last weekend. Both churches were beautiful inside, with wonderful stained glass! These are some of the photos from the new church, built between the 1300s and the 1500s.


The inside of the Nieuw Kirk.






The organ loft.























The newest stained glass window. I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, but it's beautiful!























One of the older stained glass windows. They were all destroyed in the 1500s and 1600s, and not replaced until the late 1800s. At least I think that's what I read.



















One of the graves in the New Church.




No comments:

Post a Comment