Sunday, October 24, 2010

Escher museum

The Hague has a wonderful museum full of drawing by Escher. Although he's most famous for op-art styke, or geometric, drawings, he also did some great portaits and of towns in the Netherlands and Italy.

I thought this was just a beautiful drawing.
This is a drawing of San Gimignano, Italy, which I visited a number of years ago.
This row of houses leads into the main square on Delft. The far row of buildings is city hall. I crossed at this intersection several times while visiting the town.

This is a town in Calabria, Italy, where (I believe) my brother-in-law's family is from.










2 comments:

  1. I love Escher! I would love to go to that museum. I think the koi drawing is lovely also. My favorite is the little lizards or dragons emerging from the desk blotter and back. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family owns the castle atop that first mountain.

    ReplyDelete